Job Listing - Research Assistant (SASET)
Position Title: Research Assistant
Reports to: Collections Manager
Position Type: 7 hours/day, 5 days/week
Duration of Position: May 23rd through August 19th, 2022.
Heritage Abbotsford Society has a proven track record as a great place to learn new skills and improve already earned ones, be mentored, and build your resume. We are looking for an Indigenous person to join our team and the UFV Collaboratorium on an exciting project this summer!
Reporting to the Collections Manager, you would learn how to research local Indigenous heritage and archaeology, interpret it, and submit the findings in a publication. Planning for these offerings will involve consultation with members of local Indigenous individuals and organizations, local community members, and faculty and peer students from UFV.
As this is a Sto:lo Aboriginal Skills & Employment Training (SASET) funded position, candidates must meet the following SASET criteria:
- Must be First Nations/Inuit, status/non-status, reside on or off reserve, within SASET catchment area.
- Secondary and post-secondary students must be registered full-time students during previous academic year and intend to return to full-time studies in the following academic year.
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of the program.
- While our offices are located in Abbotsford (the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Stó:lō) you will have to travel to a variety of locations throughout S’ólh Téméxw. A valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle or driver is a requirement for this position.
Do you have…
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently under supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of team.
- Ability to answer questions clearly and concisely.
Please submit a covering letter and resume by email to Executive Director Christina Reid or by mail to Heritage Abbotsford Society, 2313 Ware Street, Abbotsford BC, V2S 6C9. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our staff works on traditional, ancestral, unceded, and shared territory of the Semá:th and Matsqui First Nations. The Semá:th and Máthxwi Peoples have lived along the Fraser River since time immemorial.